Fortress Old Town – Sinj

  Remnants of the old fortress, that the people of Sinj simply call the Town, have been faithful to watch over Sinj even today, after the passage of centuries. It harboured the people and soldiers during Turkish invasions, guarded and protected the weak, resisted invaders. In the centre of the fortress there was St Michael’s church in which, on the altar of St Barbara, the Franciscans from Rama laid the precious and miraculous image of the Mother of Mercy. In 1699, through the advocacy of Father Pavao Vučković, in the town at the foot of the old fortress the building of St Mary’s church began. The church was completed in 1712.                                 &nRead More…