Varaždinska feudal fortress, from ancient times called Old Town, the most important historical buildings of Varazdin. It is the center of aristocratic estate, owner and legally separate from the free royal town of Varazdin. The present fort was built of 14 to 19 the century. The oldest part of the central tower. Bench and canopy in its ground floor are the most beautiful examples of Gothic secular plastic in the North Croatian. For the wars with the Turks in the 16th century, rebuilt in the Renaissance Wasserburg, a fortress – the castle is surrounded by high earthen walls with bastions, surrounded by a double belt of water.
The Church the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Originally a Paulist Church, it was taken over by the Čazma Kaptol (the seat of the church), and became a Cathedral of the newly established Diocese of Varaždin in 1997. The Church was dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and is a central component of the Jesuit complex which consists of the High School, the Convent and Church. The whole complex was built in the 17th century. The architect of the Church was George Matot, and was constructed between 1642 and 1656, when it was consecrated.
Church of St. Nicholas
Built on the foundations of the previous Romanesque-Gothic church, this Baroque Parish Church was built in 1761 and dedicated to St. Nicholas the patron Saint of the City of Varaždin.