ZADAR

ZADAR







KALELARGA

  
Kalelarga, also known as the Wide Street, is
the main and most famous street in the city of Zadar. Some people say it is
even older than the city itself, spreading in the direction west – east from
People´s Square to the city’s famous Forum.





ST DONATUS CHURCH



The symbol of the city of Zadar and the most
famous monumental edifice in Croatia from the early Middle Ages (9th c.)  
Church of St.Donat is round pre-Romanesque
church which was called the Church of the Holy Trinity until the 15th c., and
from that time on carries the name of Saint Donat, by the bishop who had it
built.
The church was mentioned for the first time in
mid 10th c. in the documents of the Byzantine emperor Constantine VII
Porphyrogennetos. Today its space is used, due to its extraordinary acoustic
features, for musical performances.



SAINT ANASTASIA´S CATHEDRAL
The biggest cathedral in Dalmatia. Its oldest
parts are an early Christian basilica, but its present Romanesque appearance
was shaped in the 12th century. During the crusaders´ siege and conquest of the
city in 1202, the Cathedral was damaged, but later it was reconstructed and
made longer.

  


Sea Organ

Sea Organ is situated on the western end of
Zadar´s Riva, and can be observed as a differently shaped part of the coast
which consists of several stairs that descend into the sea.
This site is a blend of human ideas and skills
and the energy of the sea, waves, tide and flood, a place for relaxation,
contemplation and conversation while listening to an endless concert of mystic
harmonies of the “Orchestra of Nature”.




People´s Square
Narodni Trg is the centre of public life in
Zadar from the Renaissance until today. On the site of the Large Square, platea
magna, the foundations of municipal institutions were laid in the early Middle
Ages.
On the northern side of the Square is the City
Guard  from 1562, designed by a Venetian
architect Michele Sanmicheli in the late Renaissance style. The large central
clock tower was erected at the beginning of the19th century with a surrounding
stone barrier and railing with holes for cannons.


In 1562 built the City guards with a bell tower city clock that continuously works since back in the 1803rd

%d blogeri kao ovaj: